Social Housing – Every local authority must have a policy to determine which applicants should be allocated permanent Local Authority or Housing Association accommodation. With such a limited supply of permanent accommodation it’s more important than ever that you obtain advice.

  • Have you applied to your local authority for permanent accommodation?
  • Has your local authority refused to put you on the waiting list?
  • Has your local authority awarded the wrong preference level to your application?

If so, we can help.

Our solicitors have significant expertise in this area. Over the last decade we have brought High Court challenges to the allocation policies of various Local Authorities and have challenged Newham Council’s allocations policy in the Court of Appeal and the House of Lords.

Legal aid is often unavailable to advise and assist you with problems with applications for permanent rehousing. But where legal aid is unavailable, we are happy to discuss affordable, fixed fee agreements.

If you would like to know more or need our help please call us now on 020 8514 9000 to speak with one of our Housing lawyers

“Edwards Duthie Shamash Solicitors,
your Legal experts, always here to help”