In his varied and diverse career, Sam has developed expertise in group litigation, prison, community care, public, damages and inquest law. He has become known for bringing difficult cases successfully. He is known for his creativity, determination and guile in litigation, he has been described as “able to see points other lawyers don’t.” He largely acts for women and children.
Sam’s work at Edwards Duthie Shamash includes:
- Bringing judicial review claims including urgent proceedings for unlawful imprisonment
- Bringing damages claims against the police or prisons for statutory breaches
- Bringing group litigation claims against private companies
- Bringing claims for direct discrimination
- Historic sexual abuse matters
- Breaches of Data Protection
- Representing families at inquests
For preliminary advice or enquiries please contact Sam directly by email.