Melissa also advises on issues relating to the Care Act 2014 as well as the operation of the Deprivations of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) and other aspects of adult safeguarding.
Additionally, she has experience in Mental Health work and has previously been a member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Scheme representing clients at First-tier Tribunal Hearings (Mental Health).
Melissa is described as ‘a rising star – dynamic and thoughtful’ in the 2019 legal 500
LB Tower Hamlets v NB & AU  EWCOP 27
- Paralegal, GN Law January 2013
- Trainee solicitor, GN Law 2013 – 2015
- Solicitor, GN Law 2015 – 2017
- Assistant solicitor, Mackintosh Law 2017 – 2019
- Solicitor and Team Leader, Edwards Duthie Shamash November 2019 onwards