• Searching...

Arrangements for Children

We have an experienced team of family lawyers ready to help you

Arrangements for Children

Arrangements for Children

Arrangements for children – information for parents, grandparents and other family members:

At Edwards Duthie Shamash we know that choosing a solicitor to represent you in disputes about the arrangements for your children is important.

We have a team of lawyers who specialise in the law as it relates to children.  Our lawyers are members of the Law Society Children Panel and are committed to taking a robust but constructive approach to resolving disputes when it comes to children. We will not raise hostility unnecessarily and our experience shows that this is often the most effective way of reaching a cost proportionate settlement for our clients. As family lawyers we are part of your life for a snapshot in time but if we do not act in your or the children’s best interests at all times, it can have far reaching consequences. We do not take that responsibility lightly.

We can assist with negotiating settlements for you to set up the best arrangements for you and your children.  When court proceedings are necessary, we can advise you in respect of making applications to court and representing you throughout the proceedings and up to a final hearing.  We also regularly advise and assist our clients in making emergency applications to court when necessary. 

We advise and represent on the full range of matters when it comes to making arrangements for children:

  • Parental Responsibility
  • Schedule 1 Application
  • Child contact (Child Arrangements Order – spends time with)
  • Declaration of Parentage
  • Residence or Child Custody (Child Arrangements Order – lives with)
  • Prohibited Steps Order proceedings preventing either parent from altering the status quo whilst the Court consider future arrangements
  • Specific Issue Order proceedings, for example determining the schooling arrangements and medical arrangements for a child
  • Shared parenting agreements
  • Grandparents’ rights
  • Fathers’ rights
  • Relocating within the country
  • Moving abroad
  • Change of name
  • Going abroad on holiday and applying for passports
  • Adoption and step-parent adoption
  • International Child Abduction
  • Special Guardianship Orders
We're here to help you, call us on

View our other services

Skip to content