Opening of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Department
We are delighted to announce the opening of our Human Fertilisation and Embryology legal advice service. We advise clients in relation to:
- Surrogacy arrangements in England and Wales
- International surrogacy arrangements
- Donor conception for same sex, heterosexual and cohabiting couples
- Donor conception for single women
- Co-parenting agreements between persons who wish to have a child together but who are not in a sexual relationship. This can include situations where there are more than two intended parents
With the changes in the law brought about by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008, this is a truly exciting time to be providing advice and assistance in this area.
Although the law may still produce some undesired results, particularly in relation to surrogacy arrangements, what can be said is that we finally have equality in approach in relation to same sex couples when compared to heterosexual couples. This means that a wider number of people than ever before can consider the reality of becoming parents.
We aim to make clients’ journeys to parenthood as trouble free and enjoyable as possible, whatever method they are choosing.
For more information about the service please visit the department’s dedicated web pages.