If you have experienced inadequate advice or improper conduct by a qualified professional person and as a result you have incurred financial loss, you may be entitled to make a claim against the professional person for professional negligence.

Disputes arising in relation to professional negligence may concern a wide range of professionals, including:

  • Accountants
  • Laywers
  • Surveyors
  • Financial Advisors
  • Insurance Brokers
  • Architects
  • Engineers
professional negligence

Edwards Duthie Shamash Solicitors will be able to advise you on whether there is a duty of care owed by the professional to you, and whether that duty has been breached.  The professional is legally required to exercise a degree of skill and care in the performance of its duties, and that standard of skill and care must be the same as a reasonable professional working in the same field. If the professional fails to perform to this standard, and as a result you have lost money due to their mistake or breach of duty, then that person may be liable to you for damages as compensation.

Find out if you could claim any compensation now

If you have any concerns with professional advice you have received, be it from lawyers, financial bodies, surveyors or others from the list above, then please contact the Dispute Resolution team for an initial telephone consultation on 0208 514 9000. A conditional fee arrangement (“no win, no fee”) may be available in appropriate cases.

“Edwards Duthie Shamash Solicitors,
your Legal experts, always here to help”