Separating unmarried couples are well advised to obtain legal advice about arrangements in respect of your children, money and property prior to separation.

Unmarried couples are not afforded the same financial claims as those afforded to married couples under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973. There are however alternative applications under the Children Act 1989 and Trusts for Land and Appointment of Trustees Act which clients will wish to explore.


Both parties should obtain independent legal advice, to find out more information, please request a brochure by providing your details on the ‘How can we help’ link.

If you would like to know more or need our help please call us now on 020 8514 9000 to speak with one of our family lawyers

“Edwards Duthie Shamash Solicitors,
your Legal experts, always here to help”