Everybody deserves to live in a home that is safe and in a good state of repair. Unfortunately some landlords fail to fulfil their duties.

  • Is your property in a state of disrepair?  For example is the roof leaking, is it damp or does the boiler keep breaking down?
  • Have you reported this to your landlord?
  • Has your landlord failed to address the problem?

If so, we may be able to help by ensuring that your landlord carries out the necessary repairs. If your landlord refuses, of the works are not satisfactory, we can take court action on your behalf.

If your landlord has failed to carry out repairs you may also be entitled to compensation for stress and inconvenience and any losses that you have suffered. Although legal aid is unavailable to pursue compensation claims, we may be able to explore alternative funding options with you. Please click on our disrepair calculator to find out how much your claim could be worth.

Our team of specialist housing solicitors has significant expertise in bringing claims for disrepair and compensation. They will deal with your case with swiftly and professionally.

If your income is low, legal aid may be available to represent you. Call us now and speak to one of our specialist solicitors in our housing team.
If you would like to know more or need our help please call us now on 020 8514 9000 to speak with one of our Housing lawyers

“Edwards Duthie Shamash Solicitors,
your Legal experts, always here to help”